EMMI DESSERT ITALIA S.p.A.:
- Registered office: Via Vittor Pisani 20 – 20124 MILAN
- Operational and administrative office: Via Cascinetta 44 – 28013 GATTICO (NO)
(hereinafter “EMMI DESSERT ITALIA”) shall endeavour, in its capacity as Data Controller, to protect its users’ online personal data and, to this end, provides you with the following information.
- A) Source of personal data and Data Controller
This document has been drafted in line with Art. 13 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (hereinafter the “Regulation”) to inform you of our policy for the protection of personal data. In particular, this document describes the general ways in which the personal data of those using our website is processed, how cookies are applied and how your personal data is managed when being used by our website (hereinafter the “Website”). The information and data you provide or that are otherwise acquired when you use EMMI DESSERT ITALIA’s services, such as the newsletter, (hereinafter “Services”) shall be subject to processing in adherence to the stipulations of the Regulation and the confidentiality obligations that underlie EMMI DESSERT ITALIA’s activities.
As per the Regulation, EMMI DESSERT ITALIA shall process data in adherence to the principles of legality, correctness, transparency, the limitation of data processing purposes and storage, the minimisation of the volume of data, precision, integrity and confidentiality.
Should you wish to contact the Data Controller of the data processed via the EMMI DESSERT ITALIA Website as defined above for any information pertaining to the processing of personal data as summarised in the following, please write to this e-mail address: [email protected]com (Please note that any e-mails sent to this address that do not concern privacy will be deleted).
This advisory notice applies only to this Website and not to any websites users may consult by following links. For advisory notices and consent forms concerning data processing for specific purposes, please refer to the appropriate sections of the Website.
EMMI DESSERT ITALIA does not collect personal data from customers under the age of eighteen. For this reason, we ask minors to refrain from entering and communicating their details and to have an adult complete the necessary procedures.
B) Nature of the data processed
When you use our Website, EMMI DESSERT ITALIA will process the following personal data (Art. 4 (1) of the Regulation), hereinafter simply “Personal Data”:
- Browsing data
- Data provided on a voluntary basis by individuals concerned
Alongside the browsing data specified above, users are also free to provide Personal Data when filling in any request modules on the Website (to subscribe to the newsletter, make enquiries into and/or receive notifications on products, complete free registration, make purchases, etc.). It may not be possible to make use of Services without providing this data. In these cases, only the information required to provide the desired Service will be requested.
Some Website Services may require the Personal Data you have submitted to EMMI DESSERT ITALIA to be processed by third parties. Should this be the case, you assume the role of autonomous Data Controller, assuming all of the duties and responsibilities prescribed by law. In this sense, users fully indemnify EMMI DESSERT ITALIA against any complaint, claim, request for damages in consequence of the processing, etc. that we might receive from third parties whose Personal Data has been processed on use of the Website’s functions in violation of the applicable data protection laws. At all times, if you provide or otherwise process Personal Data belonging to third parties when using the Website, you guarantee from that point onwards – assuming every responsibility for said data – that any potential processing is based on a suitable legal foundation as per Art. 6 of the Regulation justifying the processing of the data in question.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that websites visited by users send to their terminals, where they are stored in order to be transmitted back to the same websites in the event of recurring site visits. Cookies are used for various purposes, are of varying types and may be used by either the controller of the website you are visiting or by third parties. The Website may contain links to other websites that have their own advisory notices on privacy which may differ from the one adopted by emmidessert.it and for which it cannot be held liable. In the following, you will find all of the information on the cookies installed across this Website and the necessary instructions as to how to manage your cookie preferences.
Cookies used by this Website
Cookies pertaining to activities that are strictly necessary for the functioning of the Website and the provision of the Service:
– This Website uses the site session cookie generated by applications based on the PHP programming language. This identifier is used to maintain the user’s session variables.
Anonymous analytics cookie:
– This Website applies the Google Analytics cookie with anonymised IP addresses for a period of one year. This data is anonymous, meaning it cannot be used to identify specific individuals. In particular, the emmidesssert.it Website uses Google Analytics (Google Inc.), which generates cookies in accordance with the document on generic privacy standards and the document specific to the use of information gathered using Google Analytics. Google will not cross-reference your IP address with any other data Google itself possesses. The service provision terms to which all clients of the programme must adhere prohibit the monitoring and gathering of personal information (personal identification data, such as names, e-mail addresses, billing information and other data that could reasonably be connected with such information) using Google Analytics as well as the cross-referencing of such information with the web data analysis results. These cookies are used exclusively for statistical purposes and gather information only in aggregated form. Personal data gathered: cookies and user data.
No technical cookies require consent, and so they are automatically installed when you access the Website.
Please note that you can also manage your cookie preferences in your browser.
If you do not know which type and version of browser you are using, click “Help” at the top of the browser window, where you will be able to access all of the necessary information. If you know which browser you are using, click on the correct option to access the cookie preference management page: Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari or Microsoft Windows Explorer.
For further information on cookies and how they are used on the Internet, please use the following links:
- C) Data processing purposes and legal bases
- Identifying and non-sensitive Personal Data belonging to natural persons may be processed by the Data Controller without your explicit consent to the following ends:
- Providing Website Services: the data must be processed to enable a contract to which the individual concerned is party to be fulfilled or for the purpose of pre-contractual measures pertaining to such a contract, which may include information on potential product deliveries and/or commercial information relating to our activities, our products, offerings or promotions which require you to fill in the contact form on our Website (Art. 6(1)(b) of the Regulation).
- Staff selection [link to the advisory notice specific to staff selection]: the data must be processed to enable a contract to which the affected individual is party to be fulfilled or for the purpose of pre-contractual measures pertaining to such a contract (Art. 6(1)(b) of the Regulation) or to enable the Data Controller to pursue legitimate interests when selecting staff to join the company by comparing candidates’ personal profiles, education and work experience.
- It is necessary in terms of EMMI DESSERT ITALIA’s legitimate interests, for instance in order to manage user relationships and improve the services offered or to pursue direct marketing activities.
Providing Personal Data to these ends is optional, but failing to do so may result in an inability to access the Services provided by the Website or to submit a contact form to send enquiries.
- Secondarily, with your explicit consent, the Data Controller may process any Personal Data you have submitted by filling in a contact form to pursue e-mail marketing in the form of promotional newsletters and/or invitations to events to which the Data Controller is party or which the Data Controller and/or the controlling/controlled and/or affiliated company has organised.
Please bear in mind that providing Personal Data to this end is voluntary. You are thus welcome to decide not to submit data and to opt out of any data already submitted being processed: in this case, you will not be able to receive any event invitations and/or promotional newsletters. Whether you decide against it or not, you will continue to be able to benefit from our Services as specified under section 1.
- D) Recipients of Personal Data
Your Personal Data may be shared, to the above-mentioned ends, with:
- Individuals authorised by EMMI DESSERT ITALIA to process Personal Data when necessary in order to conduct activities strictly relating to the provision of Services who have signed a confidentiality agreement or are bound by law to maintain confidentiality (e.g. employees and system administrators).
- Third parties who may be employed to manage the Website and who typically intervene in their role as Data Controllers (the complete current list of Data Controllers is available upon request via the appropriate e-mail channel).
- Parties, entities or authorities to whom Personal Data must be furnished by law or in the event of orders issued by the authorities.
E) Personal Data transfers
Some of your Personal Data may be shared with recipients outside of the European Union. EMMI DESSERT ITALIA guarantees that your Personal Data will be processed by these recipients in accordance with the Regulation. In practice, these transfers may be based on a suitability assessment, on standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission or on other suitable legal bases.
F) Rights of individuals concerned
As per Art. 15 et seq. of the Regulation, data subjects have the right to request the following from EMMI DESSERT ITALIA at any time:
- access to his/her own Personal Data: Art. 15
- corrections or updates to this Data: Art. 16
- the deletion of Personal Data that has been processed (right to be forgotten): Art. 17
- the limitation of the scope of processing of their Data: Art. 18
- portability of Data submitted: Art. 20.
He/she also has a right to oppose the processing of the Data as per Art. 21 and to be excluded from automated decision-making processes (Art. 22).
At all times, data subjects reserve the right to revoke any consent they may have given or to file a complaint with the competent supervisory authority (the Italian Data Protection Authority, “Garante per la Protezione dei Dati Personali”, Piazza di Monte Citorio, no. 121, 00186 Rome), as per Art. 77 of the Regulation, who will determine whether the processing of Personal Data is against the applicable law.
Requests are to be submitted in writing to the Data Controller at the following address:
EMMI DESSERT ITALIA S.p.A. – Servizio Privacy – Via Cascinetta 44 – 28013 GATTICO (NO) or by e-mail to this address: [email protected] (Please note that any e-mails sent to this address that do not concern the protection of Personal Data will be deleted).
- H) Data retention
Please note that any Personal Data sent to us via an e-mail address listed on the Website will be deleted once it has served the purpose for which it was submitted.
- Staff selection data (from completed forms) will be stored in our internal systems for 6 months, after which it will be deleted from all our databases.
- Data pertaining to enquiries will be stored in our systems for 3 months, after which it will be deleted from all our databases.
- Data pertaining to enquiries into the protection of Personal Data will be stored in our systems for 3 months, after which it will be deleted from all our databases.
- Provided we have your consent, data for marketing purposes or used to send promotional newsletters and/or invitations to promotional events to which the Data Controller is party or which the Data Controller and/or the controlling/controlled and/or affiliated company has organised will be stored for 24 months, after which it will be deleted from all our databases.
Visualisation of content from external platforms
These services enable us to visualise and interact with content hosted by external platforms directly on the pages of this application. If a service of this kind is installed, it is possible that it will gather any traffic data relevant to the pages for which it is installed, even if the user does not use the service.
Google Maps widget (Google Inc.)